AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd respects our obligation to protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
What personal information does AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd collect and hold?
AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd only collects personal information that is reasonably and necessary for our functions or activities, or is required or permitted by law.
We collect personal information including
- names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, other contact details, payment details, and other information to assist us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our products and services;
- Photos in public areas of our buildings/work sites for safety and security purposes;
- Information about staff and directors, as required in the normal course of human resource management and the operation of a business; and
- Information about our current and previous suppliers and clients with whom we have dealings.
We will only collect sensitive information (e.g. information about an individual’s race, ethnic origins, political opinions or association, trade or professional associations and memberships, union membership, criminal record or health information):
- if the individual has consented to us doing so and it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities – for example, as part of information collected about directors and employees for company, and human resource management purposes; or
- Where required or permitted by law
How and from whom does AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd collect personal information?
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means.
Wherever reasonable and practicable, AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd collects personal information from the individual to whom the information relates or their authorised representative. This is typically as a result of, and in connection with, our on-going business relationship with those individuals.
For example, we may collect personal information when individuals
- request or acquire a product or service from us;
- provide a service or product to us;
- apply for employment with us;
- communicate with us via our website, by e-mail, telephone or in writing;
- attend face-to-face meetings, interviews and telephone calls with us;
- provide a business card; or
- fill out forms, including as part of acquiring a product or service from us.
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect that personal information from the individual.
If we receive personal information that we have not requested, and we determine that we could not have lawfully collected that information under the APPs had we asked for it, we will destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Why do we collect the personal information?
We collect the personal information:
- Necessary for us to provide individuals with the services they have requested from us;
- For marketing/Quoting purposes and to provide individuals with information about products and services that may be of interest to them;
- To improve the products and services we provide; and
- To enable us to conduct our business, including meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Generally we will tell individuals why we are collecting the information, prior to or when we collect it.
If individuals do not provide their personal information, we may not be able to supply the requested product or service, employ or otherwise deal with the individual.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd uses personal information:
- In the ordinary course of conducting our business. For example, supplying or acquiring products and services; responding to individuals’ enquiries and feedback; providing information about our events, news, publications and products and services that may be of interest to individuals; and maintaining a relationship with individuals;
- In performing general administration, reporting and management functions. For example, invoicing and account management, payment processing, risk management, training, quality assurance and managing suppliers;
- For employment-related purposes, such as recruiting and providing services to staff;
- As part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business;
- For other purposes related to or in connection with our business, including meeting our legal and contractual obligations to third parties and for internal corporate governance purposes; and
- As required or permitted by law.
We may disclose personal information to:
- People and organisations engaged by us to provide products or services, or to undertake functions or activities, on our behalf. For example, processing payment information, managing databases, marketing, research and advertising; and
- our external advisers, e.g. where disclosure is reasonably required to obtain advice, prepare legal proceedings or investigate suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
We may use and disclose individuals’ personal information (other than sensitive information) to provide individuals with information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to the individual. An individual may contact us if they wish to opt out of receiving further marketing offers, via email or otherwise. Direct marketing offers will contain an opportunity to opt out from receiving further communications of this nature.
AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd will only use or disclose an individual’s sensitive information for the purpose for which it was initially collected or for another purpose only with your consent or if required or permitted by law.
AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd is not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
QUALITY OF INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on individuals to advise us of any changes or corrections to the information we hold about the individual. An individual is able to contact us and ask for the correction of personal information we hold if the individual believes the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to keep personal information protected from loss and misuse and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices, firewalls, routers, network and host intrusion detection systems, appropriate encryption and secure databases as well as shredding all unused or irrelevant documents
When personal information that we collect is no longer required, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
ACCESS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
An individual may contact to access the personal information that we hold about the individual. We will respond to such a request within a reasonable period after the request is made. There are occasions where this access may be denied under the exemptions contained in the Privacy Act. If we deny access in some circumstances, we will advise the individual about the reasons.
No fee applies for requesting access to information we hold about individuals. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee where we do provide access.
CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
An individual may contact us to correct the personal information that we hold. We will deal with your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. We will take all reasonable steps to correct that information and ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
CONCEAL IDENITY AND ANONYMITY
Where lawful and practicable, we will give individuals the option of interacting with us anonymously or without disclosing who they are.
This policy is available upon request. It will be reviewed from time to time and any amendments will be included in the updated policy.
Any revised policy will be placed on our website at www.ajsplumb.com.au
MAKING A COMPLAINT
HOW TO CONTACT Us
For further information contact us at:
AJ’s Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd
ACN 127 362 690
ABN 31 127 362 690
*PO Box 5133
Chisholm ACT 2905
*Shop 3 1/45 Sheppard street,
Hume ACT 2620
Bookings: 02 6166 1287
Admin: 02 6260 2111
Fax: 02 6260 2363